I’m Jordan Harrison
A Technology Enthusiast.
(+353) 89 204 6377
Portlaoise, Co Laois, Ireland
I’m a Technology enthusiast with a strong knowledge of windows system administration & support.
Along with my extensive knowledge of technology, I also enjoy website design, front end development & photography. I am very proficient in WordPress & the Divi theme, and am currently studying a very web-focused HDip in Computer Science with Waterford Institute of Technology to further my knowledge in this area.
IT Support Officer
Glanbia Cheese EU
Nov 2019 – Present
- Along with the IT manager, I have overseen and implemented IT systems during the green field build and commissioning phase across distributed MDF & IDF locations using the latest hardware and software technologies, namely Windows Server 2016 running on VMWare ESX hosts, Cisco networks, Windows workstations & iOS phones. I have also provided on-site IT technical & L3 user support as the business has grown.
- I upgraded existing MySQL & PHP database front ends and migrated them for use within the new company. I also support them for changes on an ongoing basis.
- Other aspects of the role include supporting of Operations Technology & automation networks, carrying out IT infrastructure maintenance, creation of all internal IT documentation, implementation of an asset management system & providing training to staff in the use of the internal systems.
Junior IT Administrator
Dec 2017 – Nov 2019
- I provided first & second line support to 2 offices of circa 150 users in a heavily CAD focused environment. I also taken part in the Windows 10 rollout project – upgrading recently purchased hardware and purchasing and setting up new hardware. I liaised with hardware vendors in order to spec machines fit for purpose in a heavily CAD based environment.
- I also provided Windows Server, Active Directory, Windows Update, Hardware, Office 365, Sophos, Autodesk, Adobe & Bespoke software support, along with periodic archiving & restoration to/from LTO tapes.
Education & Achievements
Redesigned the front end of the Tutors software, an open source software developed and used by WIT to deliver 160+ online courses.
Finalist of the GradIreland National Student Challenge 2017.
Became an Adobe Certified Associate in Photoshop CC 2015.
Got ITIL® v3 Foundations certified to prove my knowledge in IT Service Delivery.
Waterford Institute of Technology
HDip in Computer Science
Feb 2021 – Feb 2023
Athlone Institute of Technology
BSc in Computer Network Management
Sept 2014 – June 2017
This course was a heavily Cisco based networks course, with a sprinkling on Windows Server administration, python scripting & Linux. I graduated with a Second Class Honours degree.
I was immediately impressed with the technical skills (Jordan) exhibited from day one… It’s not just Jordan’s technical expertise that impresses me… He is a pleasure to work with because of his positive attitude and ability to bring different ideas and solutions to the business.
IT Manager, Glanbia Cheese Ltd
(Jordan) always answers any request with a can-do attitude and delivers against extremely tight deadlines, and normally at very anti-social times due to my work load. He has travelled to the UK to work on a project for me and my business partners, and we are all impressed with his willingness and ability to deliver.
Managing Director, DNEL Events & Logistics Ltd
Jordan proved to be reliable, capable, punctual and … was always eager to help the team. He sought to introduce efficiencies into our procedures and learn new skills.
IT Manager Ireland, RPS Group Ltd